Booplan inc. ("Booplan") protects personal data obtained from its stakeholders in the course of business activities appropriately in accordance with the following Basic Policy.
- Booplan strictly observes the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and relevant laws, guidelines established by the government and other regulations.
- Booplan ensures that all officers and employees recognize the importance of the Program and comply with it.
- Booplan utilizes personal data within the scope of the intended use that is clearly communicated to customers, and takes measures not to be used beyond the scope. Booplan does not disclose or provide personal data provided by customers to third parties except with the consent of the customer from whom the personal data was obtained or when there is a legitimate reason.
- While maintaining the accuracy and up-to-dateness of personal data, Booplan strives to prevent unauthorized access to personal data or the leakage, loss, or damage of personal data and continually enhances and remediates information security management.
- Booplan responds to inquiries from customers concerning personal data or requests from customers for disclosure of personal data sincerely and without delay.
2. Intended Use of Personal Data
Booplan clearly indicates in advance the purpose for which the personal data is intended to be used. Booplan uses the information within the scope of the stated purpose of use. When the need to use a customer's personal data for any purpose that goes beyond the stated purpose of use arises, Booplan notifies the customer to that effect and obtains the customer’s consent before using the information for such purpose. Booplan uses personal data which are contracted from other companies within the scope of the contract with the company.
3. Provision of Personal Data
Booplan does not disclose customers' personal data to third parties except in the following cases.
- When the customer has given a prior consent to the disclosure
- When complying with laws and regulations
- When disclosure is necessary for the protection of human life, human health or property and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
- When Booplan consigns the handling of personal data to a third party within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use
- When another entity succeeds to the business of Booplan due to a merger, corporate separation, transfer of business or otherwise
- When it is deemed that an inquiry from a customer, or service can be more appropriately dealt with by a Booplan affiliate or distributor, we may provide the customer's name, address, telephone number and other information to the affiliate or distributor on the basis of consent of the customer.
4. Inquiries Concerning Personal Data
Inquiries about the Personal Data Protection Policy in general should be directed from the contact page.
5. Notice regarding websites of Booplan
- Please note that some services provided by Booplan (including services offered on websites operated by Booplan) may not be available if the customer does not provide personal data.
6. Information on important changes and notices
When important changes and notices on personal data arise, Booplan will post it to Information.
From time to time Booplan may revise the Personal Data Protection Policy to better protect customers' personal data and to comply with changes in the applicable laws and regulations.
Revised: January 6, 2016